FiberWatch™ alerts users by launching a floating dialog that appears as first priority over any other running applications. Depending on the user logged in, he or she may dismiss the alarm or be required to acknowledge the alarm. An alert is typically detected and handled using the following workflow:
- RTU Detects Performance Deviation
- RTU Performs Higher Level Test
- RTU Notifies Server of Alarm
- System continues to monitor other fibers
- Server Correlates Alarm with GIS Data
- Utilize existing GIS databases
- Server Notifies OSS and Local Office
- Alarms may be distributed via paging, E-mail, fax, SMS, etc.
- Alarm acknowledged by NOC staff
- Dispatched Crews Repair Fiber
- Manual Verification of Repair at NOC
- Clear Alarm
- System Returns to Monitoring Fiber
The NTest history in RFTS runs deep. Learn about our leadership team here.