The RFTS is monitored using the automatic surveillance mode, but FiberWatch™ also provides network managers the ability to run manual traces whenever needed with a convenient pop-up menu. They can also schedule traces for long-term analysis.
Once a successful reference trace is taken, any circuit can be put into surveillance mode. With a built-in optical switch or large external optical switch, each fiber is tested continuously.
- Round-robin testing of each fiber
- Reference trace comparison
- Unique analysis and treatment for each fiber
A fully functional scheduler is built into our server. The scheduler’s intuitive user interface makes running trace jobs at particular times or at regularly scheduled intervals is a snap.
- Scheduled or periodic testing
- Data stored long-term for trending and other analysis
- Centralized setup and localized testing
This is necessary to test the fiber and retrieve an initial trace, which can be used as a reference trace. Users can also start a test and monitor its progress at any time through the FiberWatch™ User Interface.